Planning Decisions (Reflective teaching in order to become efective teachers)

     To become a reflective practitioners,  we must start analysing from the very beginnig why are we teaching the lessons we chose to include in the lesson plan or if the steps or techniques that we are using as teaching strategies are the adecuate ones. 
   
     Because of the comming hollydays, in the place I work, we have a Christmas Festival programmed and I included in my lesson planning the vocabulary of the Christmas season and also the vocabulary of some Christmas chants for the different group ages. Some questions to answer about this could be: 
  • Why should I teach this lesson? 
  • What activities will be included in the lesson? 
  • How will I begin and conclude the lesson? 
     To answer those questions, first I want to say that I had to wear the white hat because is a fact that children will be learning better the topic because they are just about to live the Christmas season and they can relate the information of the class in their daily lives. I included ludic activities such as chants (Christmas Carols), games and also a handcraft that they will make with recycled material. For this, I will be wearing the green hat because I will help my students to use their imagination and to be creative when they manipulate their material for the handcraft. At the moment to begin and conclude the lesson, I will be wearing the yellow hat, because I will be optimistic showing the vocabulary thinking positive that the topic will be accepted and enjoyable for all the little ones. 

     My role as a teacher will be a guide trying to consider my pupils' individual needs and interests; I will be a material developer because I like to make some of the materails that I use in class; I will be a provider because I will provide them the necessary elements for them to be able to make the craft activity; I will become an assistant because I will help the students who require attention or those who can not be able to make the activity by their own. 

     Being a teacher is a challenging proffesion but it is an activity that I enjoy and I wish I can be better teaching and improve my practice to develop myself as a good teacher. 

     Now, I will show you an image and I would like that my classmates from UPES give me an opinion or just tell me what do you think about the book we are analysing... I heard about this book 20 years ago from the lips of the person who wrote it... Sounds crazy, don´t you think? 


     And here, some of my toddler students, showing one of their art master pieces (I´m not allowed to show their faces) 

  
Regards 😀 

Teacher Marisa 👍

Comentarios

  1. Interesting :)
    I agree on how as teachers, you must think of how and why teaching the different topics related to your classes. I also think that children are curious and that can be used as a tool for teaching new things :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hello teacher marisa, I really enjoy your reflection. I completely agree with your opinion about enjoying the job we are developing because only on that way we will be able to do it as we have to do and personally I think that the activity you applied to your students helped them to understand the topic in a better way because as you know we need to use visual material for kids in order to teach them correctly.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario