Interactive Decisions


     This was a great day at preschool. Today is the day students interact with the ipads. One day of the week, they can interact with technology. English class is connected to the computing class and they can combine their learning with the use of technology, reinforcing and practicing the information they are acquiring in their English class. 

    Some of my work partners ask me sometimes: Do the students understand this? But they can clearly see that they follow instructions. It makes me think of another question: Are my instructions clear and understood? And sometimes, few of my students are not able to follow the instructions, but they ask if they have doubts or some of their partners tells them what they´re supposed to do. 

     Sometimes, I think: Is this too difficult for the students? I believe that when occasionally they are not able to understand the activity is because maybe there is a distractor or maybe they can't remember some of the last English class. But at the end of the class, they complete the requested activity with few mistakes or without mistakes.  

     Other question about this activity could be: Do students have the vocabulary they need in order to do this task? And the answer is YES. Why did I answer this with a big yes? Well, this is because we study the same content of the last English class. I asked my students to open the Paint Sparkles App in the ipad (that was the first instruction), and then, I asked them to draw the items that we studied in the last class (Christmas decoration for Preschool 3) in order as I requested them to be drawn to see if they could remember the vocabulary (Drawing dictation). 

     Talking about the types of decisions, I try to motivate my students all the time and involve them in all the activities, their language skills are few, but they are able to remember the vocabulary, they are able to say short sentences and also are able to understand what I ask them to do in the activity, with a little help of the other students and the class main teacher, who stays and support the kids who can't accomplish the  tasks. This is preschool level, I am a caring teacher, I try to fill my students' affective needs. It is imposible to know when a child is not working because he/she does not understand or because they are not feeling well or just need a hug or nice words to encourage them to do the activities. I worked at secondary school and some of the students really need to talk sometimes about all that they are carriying from home.  

     Trying to be positive all the time and see what are the pros and cons of the activities wearing a yellow hat; wearing a blue hat at the moment to provide my students the ipad they are going to work with and being in charge of the activity, they have to use the requested App and follow instructions; also wearing a white hat at the mometn to asses the students, asking them during and at the end of the class and see if they really are learning, who is a little bit advanced and who is getting behind. 

     Now, some pics of the ipads activity: 

Very attentive to the instructions. 

Looking for the requested App to start with the activity 
      

An example of the drawings they were asked to do.

If they finish the activity, they can paint something that is already drawn in the App

  

Comentarios

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hello teacher marisa, you need to know that I really enjoy to read your blogs because they are really rich in contents and also they always teach me something. for example, today after reading it I found out the importance of technology at class. and also I really agree with you in the part when you said that we need to motivate our students in order to make them to learn more. particularly I think that we as teachers are a really important part in the teaching process but the most important part or the principal character are OUR STUDENTS.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like the subject of technology since in our times all students are very involved in this matter. And we as teachers must be at their level in terms of the new ways in which they learn. To be a better teacher while we are working, we must move at the same rate of technology to better teach our students.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi good night Teacher Marissa! I really like your post today! Is so important the kids know about technology end to learn with that material and I suppose they enjoy a lot! I would like to have that possibilities in my job! Some times I work with my students from the kindergarten in a computer room and they love because at home they know how to use a computer and the most important they learn another language, in their age they learn very easy definitely I love to work with them...

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello, teacher Marisa I´m really surprised and proud of your work and the way you teach your young learners, I can notice that you love and enjoy your work, It´s amazing what do you do and how you catch their interest, I really enjoy watching your pictures and the evidences of all your hardwork, it really seems that it is really ejoyable for your studenst, see you in class.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hello Marisa I really liked your post, and I am thinking that it is really important to use the technology to teach our students because it will be easier for them to understand and follow the instructions that you as a teacher are giving them, because they are more interesting in learn with this method, and another thing that you motioned was to motivate your students in all the activities giving them support interesting you in your students affective needs, because all that you want it is that your students be good, but if they have a lot of problems of their home, they want to follow the instruction that you are giving them, but they can’t do it. Well done teacher Marisa!!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario