Evaluative Decisions
Today was great at preschool. I will use my preschool 1 pupils to talk about in the blog.
This is a group with 27 kids who are three years old or are about to turn three. In spite of the group have many students, they are very attentive and always show interest for the class. They enjoy and they like to participate.
In this group, besides the Christmas vocabulary, I introduced a new word, a new shape's name: the square. At the beginnig of the class, I showed the kids the circle shape just to check if they remember the name because they already made an activity with the circle shape. Then, I showed then the square shape telling the name for them to repeat it after me.
I provided them the materials to make the activity, in their English materials, they pointed the square and touched the shape's silhouette with their fingertips.
The first question for me thinking of this kids level and abilities: Was the lesson at an appropriate level of difficulty? Well, the answer is yes... They can recognize the shapes and know the names in Spanish, they are practicing to learn the names in English and they really try to pronunciate, and about the manual work difficulty, they have the ability to paint and they know how to use glue and they are familiar with working witn recycled colored paper.
Was this lesson successful? It was successful, students liked to work with glue and besides, some of them repeated the name of the shape while pasting the little pieces of paper. Were all students involved in the lesson? All the students were involved in the lesson, they all participated and accomplished the task. I have a NEE student in this group, but he didn't come to the class, I already had an activity prepared for him, he likes to play with shapes in the ipad and also with the shapes such as tangram and other didactic materials that are in the classroom, one of the teachers always help this kid in all activities.
At this class, sometimes I wear a black hat because there are many kids and they have three teachers in the group all the time and they help a lot but occasionally they want to go to the bathroom and a teacher goes with them because they can't go alone. They also frequently want all the things for them (they are still learning to share), sometimes I feel that the activity is not going to work, but at the end in goes fine. I also wear a yellow hat in this class because I have to be optimistic and show Iam interested in every one of my students, I enjoy when they hug me when I get in to the clasroom and I love to listen when they laugh. I have to wear a green hat too because they like fun activities, they are pure energy and I have to be creative and think what can I take to the group next class. Another hat to wear here is the white one, this is because I have to be realistic and see if they are really understanding and learning, see the real facts.
The roles that I played were: counselor because I have to identify the kids who need help while doing the activities and I already know those who are not able to pronunciate many of the words (some of them even in Spanish); team member, because I ask for help if I need an extra hand and my coworkers are always willing to help; provider, because I provide the little ones all the materials they are going to need to do the activity.
Now, some pics to show their hardwork 💪😆
![]() |
| pointing the shape's silhouette with his fingertips |
![]() |
| coloring the squares |
![]() |
| the extra hand 😀 team work |
![]() |
| Working by myself 😃 |
![]() |
| mission accomplished! |
![]() |
| warm regards |






Comentarios
Publicar un comentario